Friday, February 11, 2011

CSUN

Anonymous said...
Hei, Im going to write in english, but i am norwegian;) but so that im sure you understand..:) I read that you were going to transfer hopefully from SMC to CS Northridge.. I want to start with my BA in usa this fall...Why did you first go to SMC? and not directly to CS Northridge? I am looking online and reading up on everything, but i think it's very complicated and a lot of paperwork. I know that in Norway we dont get the 1st year at a uni funded, cause its so similar to our last year in high school here, is that what it is for you to?I know that maybe, it is "cheaper" to go to for example SMC a year, pay for that, and take the classes that i need, which hopefully is similar to CS Northridge, and then get transferred 2nd year. is that what you are doing to? I would so very much appreciate an answer :) Thank you, from Norway ;)

Hi. I first started out going to SMC because I was only suppose to be in LA for a year. But then as time went by, i change my mind. A lot of people take their first 50 units or so at a community college like SMC because it is cheaper. (half the price comparing to Northridge) I've been at Northridge for 3 week now and i really like it. The classes are good and so it the campus. So yes, I transferred from SMC to Northridge. If you want you can start attending CSUN (Northridge) as a freshman and take you whole education there. You can find the application form online, fill it out and submit it. It is not that hard, but yes, it is a lot of paperwork. You can always email someone at the international office and ask questions. I hope this helped !

2 comments:

  1. Hei, tusen takk så mye for svar!! Det hjalp! Vurderer å gjøre det samme som deg da, ta det første året på SMC..og så transfer.
    But, i also have another question for you ;) We are going to LA tomorrow on holiday, so i wondered if you had any suggestions for where we should go to dinner, and last but not least where we should go out clubbing or whatever! We are going to stay at sunset blvd..do you know any hidden stores or something that we should check out?

    Thank you so much for your answers!!

    -Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej! Hittade din blogg genom en vän som läser den. Funderar på att söka till Northridge också! Jag vill ta en BA i PR och kommunikation, vet du om det är möjligt?

    STor kram :)

    ReplyDelete